As you will no doubt have read in the earlier article on our ballot entry system, we were planning on opening the ballot for Sodbury Slog entries on Wednesday 1st April and close it again on Wednesday 15th April.
With the uncertainty of the coming months due to Coronavirus Covid-19, we have taken the decision to delay opening the ballot until the ongoing situation becomes clearer.
Just like any sizeable event, as we move towards the actual date we become more financially committed and it makes it impossible for us to be able to refund entry fees without losing money. The Sodbury Slog is not a large scale commercial event, and most of our profit is donated to local charities. This is why our terms and conditions state that we do not offer refunds. Put simply, we want to ensure that before we take any of your hard-earned cash, we are as confident as we can be that we will be able to safely host the event you pay to enter.
To be clear, there are currently no plans for postponing or cancelling this year’s event. We hope that by November we will all be in a very different place, but we are acutely aware that this unprecedented disruption, to even our day-to-day lives, means that everybody is (quite rightly) focusing on the short term.
Rest assured that a huge amount of planning has already gone into the event for this year and work will continue behind the scenes ready for our 30th anniversary and the usual Remembrance Day mudfest.
Please keep an eye on this website and our social media channels for further updates in coming weeks as we know more about how things are unfolding. Stay safe, keep positive, and look out for each other.